Tuesday 20 November 2012

Parallel Lines

I've spent an age looking at various website pages checking out the Hayes family line. I managed to find a Hayes in a neighbouring parish of Uny Lelant in the late 1680s and through that link managed to find a host of Hayes births deaths and marriages. It seems that the Hayes family only ever called their sons William, James, Richard or John, so it's confusing to find so many James Hayes down the years, especially as we find that a James Hayes died in infancy and the parents went on to have another son and called him James as well! No sooner had I compiled a huge list of names and was beginning to tie the family tree together when I stumbled on this site!
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~peterscornishfamily/Hayes/Hayes-Family.htm

My good friend and fellow geneologist Peter had found a lot of what I'd discovered and set it out in table form as you can see. I contacted him and offered him the information I had found and he has been able to extend the Hayes family line and include the Clemo Family Tree as well.
Please check it out. I was staggered to see how many Cornish families we are related to by marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment